Writing Goals is Vital for Success
1. Writing goals helps you work through what is important, and provides a means of visualizing the things that need to be done in your life. Like the old saying goes, people don’t plan to fail, they fail to plan.
2. Writing goals can increase results in your life by helping you create a detailed plan of action for their achievement, because if you aim at nothing you will hit it every time.
3. Writing goals provides you a target to reach and a means to measure your progress. Remember progress has little to do with speed, but much to do with direction.
4. Writing goals aids in connecting cause to effect. It can give the tools you need to comprehend how various parts of your life interact with each other. This in turn will help provide potential solutions.
5. Writing goals reveals your processes. It can provide the clues you need to understand your own thinking process, organizational skills, time management ability, channels of intuition, and your ability to identify and solve problems.
6. Writing goals helps you focus and clarify your wants, dreams and desires. It will help you prioritize your values for good decision-making abilities which can increase your quality of living. Aristotle said, “Man is a goal setting being, and their life only had meaning if they were reaching out and striving for their goals.”
7. Writing goals is an investment in yourself, as well as into the other people in your life. We do not live in a vacuum, and your success can make a positive and beneficial influence on those around you.
8. Writing down goals can help tap into the creative side of your mind. This will allow you to see solutions, and unique ways of solving problems that the analytical side may not be able to reach.
9. Writing goals is a great way to reduce stress and free your mind. With your dreams, goals, and desires firmly in writing you can stop thinking about all the things you have to do, and spend your time focusing on providing solutions and accomplishing your goals.
10. Writing goals is like a written contract with yourself and provides a way of transforming wishes into wants; cant’s into cans; dreams into plans; and plans into reality.
So if you want to start effecting change, and set a new direction for your life, go ahead and start writing down your goals day by day. Over time it will become a natural part of your life, and can often be the easiest way to help you live the kind of life you desire.